There are many things to be informed about regarding medications and medication safety. Whether it’s taking the correct dosage, or medication storing tips, there are several safety measures to keep in mind. It’s important to remember these tips to ensure you remain healthy and to avoid a trip to the hospital.
1. Know your medications and always ask questions if you’re not sure how, when, or why to take the drug. Once you understand the medication you’re taking and when to take it, make sure you take your medicine regularly and according to your healthcare provider’s instructions. Don’t skip doses or stop taking medication without first consulting with your provider.
2. Keeping a list of all your current medications and keep the list with you. Be sure to record the medicine’s brand name, if applicable, and generic name. Also write down how often and what dosage you take. Take the list with you to all doctor appointments and make sure to let your healthcare provider know what different medications you’re taking to avoid interactions between different medications.
3. Always use the dosage device that comes with the medicine. Proper dosage is important. Kitchen spoons aren’t all the same, and a teaspoon and tablespoon used for cooking won’t measure the same amount as the dosage device.
4. Remember to always keep medicines in their original packages and containers.
Packaging has dosage information that is important to keep with the medication.
5. Along with keeping the original packages and containers, make sure you take the time to read the label and follow the directions. Even if you have used the medicine before, sometimes the directions or dosage can change.
6. It is also important to remember to put all medicines up and away when children are around. Make sure that all medicines and vitamins are stored out of sight and reach of children. As you’re reaching up to place your medicine in the top cupboard, don’t forget to double check and make sure the cap is closed tightly.
Whats also important to remember is that there is no stupid question about medicine. If you have any questions, be sure to ask your healthcare provider. Whether it’s how to spell the name of a medication, the dosage, or if it’s okay to take with another medication, asking questions and staying informed will help you stay the healthiest you.
Embrace Your Health, LLC
Email us at email@example.com
Serving Branch, Lenawee, Jackson and Hillsdale Counties